1. We may discontinue or suspend our website or terminate your use: We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, our site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that BirdsNews.com shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of our site. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate your access to our site for any reason, and to take any other actions that BirdsNews.com, in its sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of our website and its other contributors and users.
2. We have full rights to content submitted to our site; by submitting content to the BirdsNews.com website, submitters grant the website certain rights:
(a) The BirdsNews.com website (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. All individual articles, posts, comments, videos, photos, audio files and other content and elements comprising our site are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on our site.
(b) By commenting or submitting content on or to our site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving BirdsNews.com, and any affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on our site, newsletter and any affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
3. You have rights if you believe your copyright is being infringed: If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any BirdsNews.com content infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512 ©) to BirdsNews.com with the following information: (I) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (II) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (III) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (IV) your address, telephone number, and email address; (V) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (VI) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
We can be reached as follows: By mail: BirdsNews.com / Attn: Copyright Agent / 7677 Mission Gorge Road, Suite 123 / San Diego, CA 92120
Please note that attachments cannot be accepted at the email address for security reasons. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be received or processed.
4. Your Use of Our Content is Restricted:
(a) Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of our site or any content thereon, except as permitted under the last sentence of this Section 4(a) and except that you may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing (but subject to the last sentence of this Section 4(a)), you may not distribute any part of this site or any content thereon over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, or sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. Just as we from time to time excerpt materials from other sources in order to support the news articles and posts contained herein, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on our site; accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on this site consistent with the principles of “fair use.”
(b) We are concerned about the integrity of our site when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with the content of our site. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of our site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright or that has not been authorized by us.
5. We are an Internet service. We are not responsible for and do not necessarily hold the opinions expressed by our content contributors. Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of BirdsNews.com. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through our site, BirdsNews.com is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. BirdsNews.com and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors and officers do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor our site for inappropriate or unlawful content. BirdsNews.com and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors and officers assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, BirdsNews.com reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time at our discretion.
7. Your use of our site is subject to certain disclaimers: Our website is available “as is,” and we do not warrant that it will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in news stories, blog posts, captions, headlines and other information or materials available through our website. We do not make warranties, expressed or implied, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to our site or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold throughout site. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed on this site or available through links on our site. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions on our site. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive materials to our site, we do not guarantee or warrant that our site or material that may be downloaded from it do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such failures. If you rely on our site and any materials available through our site, you do so solely at your own risk. Our site may contain various combinations of text, images, audiovisual productions, opinions, statements, facts, articles, scientific and market data or other information created by us or by third-parties. Due to the number of sources from which content on our site is obtained, and the inherent hazards of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in such content. Accordingly, such content is for your preference only and should not be relied upon by you for any purpose. Information created by third parties that you may access on our site through links is not adopted or endorsed by us and remains the responsibility of such third parties.
8. We are not responsible for linked sites: We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to from our site. Because we have no control over such services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through such services.
9. We may be legally compelled to disclose certain information: You agree that in the event we receive a subpoena issued by a U.S. court or from a U.S. law enforcement or U.S. government agency, we shall comply with such subpoenas without your consent or prior notice to you and may disclose your IP address, display name, name, IP location or other information in response thereto.